Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Empties #1



Hey Guys!


I hope everyone is having a lovely April so far, I know mine has been pretty good, I’m on uni holidays at the moment, which means no boring lectures or tutorials, woo! Today I bring you my very first empties post, which is probably more exciting for me than it is for you, because it means I can finally clear all this rubbish out of my cupboard!


Sportsgirl Scrub Up Body Exfoliator This is a pretty standard exfoliator, with a good amount of grit and it wasn’t too fine which is nice. It smells lovely and wasn’t tested on animals, which is fab. Nothing super special but decent enough.

Lush Bath Ballistic ‘Lord of Misrule’ I’m not sure that I’m technically allowed to count bath bombs as ‘empties’ but I’m going to do it anyway. I did a post on this one and you can read all about it here

Lush Bath Ballistic ‘Luxury Lush Pud’ Oh boy did I love this! I used this bath bomb just the other day, after not having had a bath for ages, and it was a brilliant re-introduction to the bath world. It turned the bath a gorgeous purple colour and smelled pretty damn divine as well. I can’t wait til Christmas to buy this one again, here’s hoping it comes back!

Lush Bath Ballistic ‘Bombardino’ I’ve got to say that I didn’t love this little guy. He was such a cute bath bomb and he smelled really lovely, but it made my bath water super oily, and not in a nice nourishing way, more in a ‘oil doesn’t mix with water’ kind of way, so there was just this layer of oil on the top of my bath.  I never hate a Lush Bath Ballistic but this definitely wasn’t a favourite.

Shaka Innovative Beauty SOS Soothing Mask Aloe Vera That’s a name and a half! I got this mask last year while I was in Italy, you can check out the website here. This was one of those random purchases, that I’ve only just got around to using. Technically there’s another use in this packet although I’m not sure if I’ll use it. I didn’t dislike this mask but I wouldn’t say it’s anything to write home about.


The Face Shop Real Nature Mask Acai Berry This mask is described ‘A firming sheet mask containing acai berry extract to improve resilience and provide moisturised firmness to the skin’ I find sheet masks a little creepy to be honest, they’re super slimy and you feel like some sort of weird mummy while you lie perfectly still with it on. This one left my skin a little sticky, and I left the remainder of the ‘essence’ to absorb into my skin, and the next morning my face still felt tacky. Nice enough though, I’m really bad at telling if masks work or not!

Garnier Clean Sensitive Gentle Eye Makeup Remover I literally cannot remember how long ago I finished this, I don’t even remember a point in my life when I was using it. I do know though that this is nice enough, though it does take a little elbow grease to fully remove eye makeup. Basically it’s decent for its price but it’s got nothing on Bio-Derma or the new Garnier Micellar water I talked about in my March Favourites.

Lush Shower Gel ‘The Olive Branch’ Everyone that has been to a Lush store knows it has a distinct smell that you can detect from about twenty metres away, this shower gel smells exactly like that. This was a standard, decent shower gel, the only thing I’ll say is that it is extremely watery, so much so that it can’t really be classified as a gel. It lathers really well though with only a minimal amount.

Lush Shower Scrub ‘Rub Rub Rub’ I bought this the very first time I went to Lush, which seems like such a crazy long time ago. This smells really clean and lovely, quite masculine. It was quite a runny, fine exfoliator, so I wouldn’t  say it was the best at scrubbing off dead skin cells, but it was nice enough to clean my bo-day with.


The Body Shop Bath Milk I found this product really interesting, as I’ve never really seem anything like it. Basically it was a powder that you would just sprinkle into your bath, and it made it almost creamy, really lovely to lie in.  I love the smell of this more than anything else, it’s one of those really soothing and comforting smells. I liked this because it made a bath feel more luxurious.

Palmolive Naturals Shower Gel ‘Pink Grapefruit Splash’ with moisture beads The moisture bead thing is straight up a crock of shit, like they don’t do anything, it’s just one of those gimmicky things. Who cares about that though, this is still a great shower gel and it smells so heavenly, all zesty and citrus. Add on top the fact that it’s super cheap and you most definitely have a winner.

Lush Facial Cleanser ‘Let the Good Times Roll’ I’m sure I’ve talked before about my love for this cleanser, so I’ll spare you the essay this time around. All you need to know is that this is super duper moisturising (so better for night time) and smells better than anything else in the world ever. I have had people lick my face when I’ve used this, no joke.


So that's that, time to go put all this rubbish in the bins, it's garbage night after all! Stay tuned for an exciting post about a new Nyx product!

xx
talk soon

No comments:

Post a Comment