Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Eggstravaganza! Part Two: Palette Profile ModelsPrefer Sweet Kisses

 Hey Guys, sorry I didn't have this post up yesterday, our internet has capped and it's been an absolute nightmare trying to get the photos to upload onto blogger. Anyway, it's finally here, Easter Eggstravaganza Part Two! 


The Stats
Name: Sweet Treats Palette
Brand: ModelsPrefer
Price: Originally $25AUD

Contents: 16 Eye shadows, 2 blushes, 1 bronzer, 1 highlighter, brow gel, mascara, double ended eye shadow brush

I’ve done a few higher-end palette profiles, so I figured it was about time I did a bit of a “drugstore” version, which I found the perfect solution for when wandering through Priceline the other day. This baby was in the sale section for $10, a pretty big bargain for 22 products and a double-ended tool. I snatched it up and decided it would be a good fit for part two of my Easter Eggstravaganza. Let’s get into it!



Top to Bottom: Butter Cream, Toffee, Chocolate Whip, Truffle


Top to Bottom: Almond Nougat, Cocoa, Pistachio, Mint Slice


Top to Bottom: Cherry Ripe, Strawberry Cream, Black Forest, Maple Fudge


Top to Bottom: Honey Crunch, Caramel, Praline, Dark Cluster

So essentially this palette is a big tin that comes with two layers of products. On top are the shadows, which vary in quality but come in a really diverse and interesting colour range. It has a nice mix of neutrals and bold shades, making it an ideal all-rounder. As I said though, varied quality. For the most part it’s actually surprisingly good, with some really smooth and buttery shades, like Toffee and Honey Crunch. Two of the colours in the palette are completely unusable, Cherry Ripe and Caramel, as you’ll see in the swatches, they’re very sheer, and to get that amount of colour I literally had to scratch at the shadows. Most of the shades are somewhere in the middle; quite powdery but with good colour payoff.


L to R: Macaron, Cinnamon Spice, Marshmallow, Peach Parfait

All four off these face products are really smooth and have good pigmentation; I’d use them on a day-to-day basis because I think they’re really decent, especially considering the price.


Mascara Wand above, Brow Gel wand below.



I wore a full face of this makeup for a day, just to see how it fared, and in particular to try out the mascara and the brow gel. The mascara was really good, it reminds me of TooFaced’s LashGasm Mascara. It had really good staying power and did all the things you’d expect a good mascara to do, so much so that I think I'll try out some other ModelsPrefer mascaras. As for the brow gel, I liked it because it didn’t make my brows feel all stiff, but in saying that, I don’t think it really did anything in the way of keeping them in place either. As for the brush, the domed end is really nice and dense, but the flat end isn’t as useful, perhaps because I’m not really a fan of flat shader brushes. The eye primer was a bit of a strange consistency, but felt similar to Urban Decay's primer potion. I'm not sure whether it was due to the primer, but the shadows did last through a day of work which is a good sign.

Well, I think that's about all for now, and I'll have Part Three of the Easter Eggstravaganza up later today. Hope you're enjoying the long weekend, and Happy Easter!

xx
talk soon



No comments:

Post a Comment