Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Eggstravaganza! Part Four: Easter Inspired Makeup Look


Hey guys and welcome to the final part of Easter Eggstravaganza! This makeup look is one of my favourites to create and with the pastel colours it's very Easter-y so I thought I'd show you guys how I do it for the last Easter post.


Start out with a clean, fresh face. To remove makeup and other dirt I use a few cotton rounds and the new Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, it gets rid of absolutely everything.


Next step we have the foundation BUT lately I've been trialling a new foundation method, known as the Wayne Goss Method. This involves putting your powder on before your foundation, which sounds weird but actually gives a really lovely finish to your skin.

 So what you want to do is pat your favourite powder onto your clean, moisturised skin, I used the Australis Pressed Powder in Natural and applied it with my Real Techniques Blush Brush which is absolutely huge so it's perfect for powdering. Next up, buff your foundation into your skin just as you normally would, I used a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation in Light Vanilla. After this I just lightly powder any spots that are looking too shiny, but I don't add too much powder because you don't want to look cakey. You'll also see that I filled in my brows which involves first combing them out using the Napoleon Perdis Eyebrow Spooly from the NP Regal Brush Set, then filling them in with 'Naked' from Urban Decay's Naked Palette using the Real Techniques Brow Brush and then brushing them out again so it looks a little more natural.

I applied NYX 'Milk' Jumbo Eye Pencil as a base, the left is what it looks like blended and the right is when I first apply it. Next using a Nude by Nature Large Eye Brush I patted the shadow 'Strawberry Cream' from ModelsPrefer Sweet Kisses Palette over the outer two thirds of my eyelids making sure that the pink goes on with some vibrancy. Any pink shadow will work.

Next up taking 'A2' from TheBalm's Bon Voyage Palette I blend that purple colour through my crease using the Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush. It's really important to blend this well, as the magic of this look lies in an easy flow between the colours with no harsh lines.

Add a light blue colour to your inner third and take it down into your inner corner. I used a brush from the ModelsPrefer Sweet Kisses Palette that is quite dense and nicely domed to apply 'B2' from TheBalm's Bon Voyage Palette.

The last step for eyeshadow was to take 'Champagne Truffle' from Too Faced's Chocolate Bar Palette and pat this over the pink shadow just to give it that pearlescent look. Then I took 'White Chocolate' from that same palette and used an e.l.f Eyeshadow "C" Brush to pat this onto my brow bone to highlight.


Moving on to eyeliner I used Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion to tight-line, an important step that both makes your lashes look more full but also makes liquid liner blend more naturally. For liquid liner I used Maybelline New York's Master Precise Liquid Liner which is a high-quality, matte black liner. Draw in some wings that suit your eye shape, giving a reasonably big flick to enhance the whimsy of the look. I also added two coats of Too Faced's LashGASM Mascara, just use your favourite.

Finishing off the face, very lightly contour, it should only be subtle because the eyes are very bold. For my cheeks I used products from the ModelsPrefer Sweet Kisses Palette. To contour I used 'Cinnamon Spice' and the Napoleon Perdis Blush Brush. Next up pick a light pink, sheer blush, just to give your face a tiny bit of colour, I used 'Marshmallow' with the Real Techniques Contour Brush . Finally, highlight, this step is especially important for the magic of the look, I used 'Macaron' with the e.l.f Stipple Brush.

Finally, add a coat of pink gloss and you're good to go! I used NYX's Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Gold Pink



I hope you guys enjoyed my Easter Eggstravaganza, it was tough taking the photos and getting the content up every day but it was also really fun. Sorry I was late with a couple of the posts, our internet chose the worst time to cap. I hope you had a great long weekend!

xx
talk soon

No comments:

Post a Comment