Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter Eggstravaganza! Part One: Lush Easter Haul

Happy Good Friday all!

Here in Australia we have just started off a long weekend with Good Friday, with the next three days being public holidays. To celebrate this little break, I'll be posting on this blog every day of the long weekend, and the posts will be slightly Easter themed, and thus the Easter Eggstravaganza was born!

To kick things off I bring you a very small Lush haul showing off the Limited Edition Easter products that I bought.


When I went into my Lush they'd already sold out of a few things, like the Immaculate Eggception Bath Ballistic but I still snaffled up a majority of the things on offer, leaving a few behind, like the carrot soap, because quite frankly it smelt horrible.

First we have the Brightside Bubble Bar 'A bright and cheerful swirl of a bubble bar to give you a fresh and cheerful perspective. Crumble under the running taps for frothy white clouds of bubbles'. This is the most expensive product of the range, coming in at $10.50 AUD but, as a slight bit of redemption, I would say that this is the best smelling bubble bar Lush has ever released. Think citrus mixed with sherbet and a distinctly clean smell and that's this bubble bar. Soooo lovely.

Next is Bunny, a bubble bar type dealy as well. 'Inspired by the white rabbit in Alice in Wonderland. This bunny contains flowers that float around while you bathe. Simply break off a chunk and crumble under the running water.' This one sort of smells like Candy Mountain, the Christmas bubble bar. It's quite sherbet-y but in a different way to Brightside, quite sweet and candy-smelling with perhaps a slight floral undertone. So cute with it's little ears and tail.

Fluffy Egg apparently is supposed to smell like Snow Fairy however I'm not convinced. It looks so pretty though, with the little flowers and the zig zag pattern. Plus it's a decent size for quite cheap, around $5.50 AUD I think. I would say it smells quite fizzy, if that's possible, with sweet notes and a sort of general "washing powder" clean smell.

Finally, and messily, we have Golden Egg 'A special Easter treat inspired by chocolate cream eggs and fragranced with a delicious sweet caramel fragrance. Just drop it into a warm bath and watch it melt away.' As I said, this one is freaking messy, like Golden Wonder, the gold glitter goes everywhere. Despite this, I love the smell of this one so much that I bought two. I would describe its scent as sweet and chocolate-y, maybe it's spent too much time in the bag with Brightside but it definitely smells a bit like Jaffa.

I just can't resist Lush Limited Editions! As such I'm planning to hit up the store to get some of the Mother's Day products next week, in stores on the 21st of April, expect a haul! 



I'll talk to you guys tomorrow for part two of the Easter Eggstravaganza Series, a more makeup related post. 

til then
xx


Bonus picture: Hudson decided he quite liked the Golden Egg as well and tried to eat it, you can almost see the glitter on his nose in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment