Sunday, March 30, 2014

Palette Profile: TooFaced Chocolate Bar Palette



The Stats
Brand: Too Faced
Palette: Chocolate Bar
Price: AU$68.95 (from Mecca Maxima)
Contents: 16 shadows; 6 matte shades, 8 shimmer shades and 2 more glittery shimmer shades.





For the love of sweet chocolate, this palette is pretty incredible. It smells so delicious I could eat it. I'm not going to lie, its enticing smell is a big part of why I bought this palette. On top of that, it's full of great neutral shades, with a few slightly different shades to add a little bit of interest to 'safe' eye shadow looks. As always, the Too Faced formula is really lovely, and I'd even go as far to say that this is their best palette yet, in that this time around, they've omitted the far-too-glittery-am-I-a-vampire shadows that leave you shimmering in the sunlight, and instead have 16 shades that don't fall or crease even after a day of wear. As per usual, Too Faced get a 10/10 for their gorgeous packaging, it looks just like a bar of chocolate and has a convenient magnetic closure.



Let's swatch on! In each swatch you can see the line of Nyx's Milk Jumbo Eye pencil that I have underneath as primer. This provides a comparison between with and without a base.

Top Row


L to R: Gilded Ganache, White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Black Forest Truffle, Triple Fudge

Middle Row


L to R: Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Semi-Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon, Candied Violet, Amaretto

Bottom Row


 L to R: Hazelnut, Crème Brulee, Haute Chocolate, Cherry Cordial, Champagne Truffle

The names of these shadows are so sweet, I love how Too Faced keeps to the themes of their palettes so well. This palette makes doing your make up a pinch, it comes with shadow ideas, and the colours all work so well together, its completely impossible to get wrong. I will say that a lot of the looks end up looking similar, but I think that's typical of a neutral palette, you tend to end up with similar combinations.

Lastly, here's my face! I believe on this day I used the shade Haute Chocolate with Semi-Sweet in the crease. 




So, do you need this palette? Maybe not. But, I think it's Too Faced's best yet, and well worth a look, or at the very least, a sniff ;)

xx
talk soon 




No comments:

Post a Comment