Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Winter Handbag Essentials 2014


All my fellow Aussie beauties will be able to back me up when I say that this winter has been extremely cold and windy. My skin is not loving it in any way, shape or form but I'm not going to lie, I sort of love winter. I don't deal very well with heat, plus winter is the perfect time for vampy lips and my deathly pale skin gets the chance to shine. There are some definite hand bag necessities to combat winter and I'm going to show you what mine are.

Lanolips Golden Ointment is described as a 'Super Moisturiser and Skin Protectant' which makes it perfect for the harsh winter air. My nose gets extremely dry so I use this stuff when it's especially bad and it tends to clear my dry patches right up.

Perfume Atomiser This little silver baby is lovely for carrying around whatever fragrance I'm wearing, which at the moment is the Katy Perry Killer Queen perfume. The reason I love this in winter is because when I'm wearing a scarf, I love to smell my perfume on it. Plus I feel as though sometimes fragrances can get lost in all the layers of clothing so it's nice to be able to touch up.

Maybelline One by One Volum' Express Mascara in Blackest Black On winter mornings I am incredibly unwilling to get out of bed which means I'm often rolling out at the last second and dashing to the bus stop without putting on any makeup. I like to have a mascara with me for when I get to work and look a bit dead, some nice lashes lift your whole face. This mascara is extremely natural and has a standard brush shape so it's easy for quick application on the go.

Neutrogena Naturals Lip Balm I go on and on and on about this lip balm all the time, you know I love it. It is the best, 'nuff said.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Fair In a similar vein to the mascara, this is for when I rush out of the house without throwing anything on my face. Useful for covering up the dark circles that plague me after a few early mornings.

e.l.f Shine Eraser Oil Blotting Sheets I'm not a very oily person, my skin definitely tends towards the dry side of things but air conditioning and heaters tend to wreak havoc on skin so it's nice to have the option.

Hair Ties and Bobby Pins Some days you go out with your hair looking super fierce and fab and then the wind gets all up in it and messes up your hair really bad. In these situations I generally like to just chuck my hair up in a pony tail, I'm not very good at dealing with bad hair.

Revlon Colourburst Lacquer Balm in Demure This is a great natural lip colour for everyday wear so it's a really easy one to have in my bag to chuck on when I want a slightly more put together look.

Ulta3 Lipstick in Winter Plum The name of this colour says it all, I mean it's made for this season! I'm not super brave with dark lip colours, but I love this one. It sort of serves the same purpose as the last product but this one is for when I'm feeling a little more brave or if I'm going out after work.

L'Occitane En Provence Pivoire Flora Hand Cream My hands get hit the worst by the winter air, they get ridiculously dry and scaly. This hand cream smells lovely and does the job of keeping my hands from cracking right up.

Nivea Invisible Anti-Perspirant I've been layering up with lots of jumpers and coats, which work great outside, but as soon as I get into a building the heating makes it ridiculously warm. It's handy to keep deodorant in my bag to accommodate the ridiculous fluctuating temperatures.

Palmolive Hand Sanitiser in Raspberry There are tonnes of advertisements at the moment about influenza and how rife it is at this time of year. Working in retail I touch so many people's hands and money, so I've got to be really careful in terms of keeping my hands clean. It's also important for before putting makeup on, so that you're not rubbing bacteria onto your face!

I keep all of this stuff in this cute little makeup bag I got from Typo, there's a bunch of other designs as well. This one is a cute little size perfect for my handbag. I really enjoyed making this post, so I think I might do this sort of thing for the other seasons as well. Let me know what you think!

xx
talk soon


1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to try L'Occitane hand cream. Yes, you should definitely do this for the other seasons! Its Summer where I am but I still enjoyed this post!
    I've nominated you for the Liebster award! http://happyprimpin.com/the-liebster-award/#more-370

    ReplyDelete