Sunday, July 13, 2014

Priceline Haul feat. Essence Dark Romance, Face of Australia Dark Side and more!


If you follow me on instagram you might have seen parts of this haul already, but I figured it was worth a little post to have a talk about the lot of it. I headed into Priceline to check out the new Essence collection as well as the Face of Australia nail polishes and then there was a few other good sales going on that I couldn't pass up. 


First up is the few random bits I picked up which includes this Puretopia Purify and Revive Deep Cleansing Clay Mask. I've never tried anything from Puretopia before but when Hannah of Youtube channel hannahyep mentioned that she really liked the brand in her latest empties video I figured it was worth a try (P.S. You should check her out, she's fab). Before I've even tried the product I can name three great things about the product and the brand; 1) It's sulfate and paraben free. 2) Australian made and owned. And 3) They're against animal testing. Plus the brand is on sale at Priceline at the moment! I chose this mask because it's not a product that I have a whole heap of, so it's something nice and new. The swatch on the left is this, it's quite like a moisturiser so it'll be interesting to see how it sets on the face. 

I also picked up the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in the shade 010 Ivory because I've heard a hell of a lot of people rave about this one, I'm a little undecided on how I feel about it. As you can see in the swatches (right is blended, left is straight on) it's quite orange toned despite the fact it's ivory, the lightest shade available. However, the yellow tones in this do work well on dark under eye circles which explains why it is such a peachy toned product - it's best to use it for this more than covering blemishes I find.

Every time I go into Priceline I eye off colours that are just like this Sally Hansen Lustre Shine Nail Polish in 007 Scarab, I'm naturally really drawn to duochrome blue colours so when I saw this one in the sale bin for $2 I made a beeline and snatched it up.

There has been a lot of discussion around the benefits of Rosehip oil recently so I decided to pick up this Essano Rosehip Treat Your Skin Pack so I could try out a few different products without spending a lot of money. I'm planning a blogpost discussing Rosehip so I won't talk too much about it now but this pack is a great chance to try out the brand. 


After seeing swatches of these beauties on the Face of Australia blog, I knew I had to head in store to check them out and what better time to pick them up than when FOA is 20% off! These Face of Australia Dark Side Nail Polishes are inspired by evil villains which is a theme I love and the names are so perfect! Top row from left to right is Maleficent, Wicked Witch of the West, and Mystique and the bottom row is Voldemort and Magneto. This week I wore Mystique with Voldemort over the top which looked badass but I was a little disappointed because the polishes chipped within a few days when I can usually get at least five days out of my nails with no chips. I did work a lot this week though, so that could have been part of the problem, I'll test some of the other colours and let you know.

L to R: Lipgloss effects in Black Shadow, Lipstick in Red Romance, Cream Highlighter in Light Up!, Velvet Mousse Blush in Painted Love, Glitter Eye Pencils in Black Shadow and Foggy Love.
Finally we have the Essence goodies! I think it's pretty funny that both Essence and Face of Australia have 'dark' themed collections at the moment, perhaps because it's winter? Speaking of, holy hell is this winter cold, 10 degrees is not okay! Back to the collection, I decided to pick up quite a bit from essence, because it's so cheap and I find it a great way to try out products that I usually wouldn't. To start off with the disappointing products we have the Glitter Eye Pencils in Black Shadow and Foggy Love. I was expecting a sort of creamy, metallic eye pencil but instead I got a dry formula with chunky bits of glitter that are hugely sparse and hardly show. In fairness, these cost $2.35 which is nothing but usually essence stuff is decent quality so these were a bit disappointing.

Another slightly weird product is the Velvet Mousse Blush which I have in the shade 01 Painted Love. Now to me, in the pot this looks like Play Doh but I haven't tried it on my face yet so I can't testify as to whether it is any good but I am bloody intrigued. That's the thing I love about Essence, you can try products that you might not otherwise, but even if they suck, it's okay because they're so cheap! I'll keep you updated on this one.

Now, you might know that I hate lipgloss but I bought the Lipgloss Effects in Black Shadow anyway, because it seemed really interesting to me, I mean, a black lipgloss? I believe Smashbox actually make a similar product. It's probably hella sticky but it smells like delicious watermelon so I think I can live with it, plus it's mostly to experiment with.

While on the topic of lip products, this Lipstick in Red Romance is such a perfect winter colour, a beautiful plummy, wine. It's not matte finish, more of a satin, slightly sheer colour, quite wearable. I'm looking forward to working this one into my routine. The Matt (their spelling not mine) Nailpolish in Red Romance is pretty much the same colour, in look as well as name, basically just the nail polish version of the lipstick. It's such a nice colour, I've yet to find out the wear time, but since it's a great colour for the cold weather I'm sure I'll try it soon.

This Cream Highlighter is so freaking pretty; it's iridescent/duochrome with a gorgeous pink-purple sheen. This is probably my favourite product from the line so far but I haven't tried a lot of it out yet. I seriously can't stop looking at it, even if you don't buy it, just go into Priceline to check it out.

That's the whole lot! And now I'm on a no-buy for a little while. I don't have a problem with spending money on make up, in fact I love it but I think it's time for me to show a little love to the products I already have because there's some serious gems in my collection. But if anything Limited Edition comes out, I'm so there!

I've been posting on my instagram heaps, you can find me @georgialeebeauty for little beauty updates throughout the week, there's so many fab people that are part of the instagram beauty community, it's definitely worth having a look.

That's all folks!

xx
talk soon

No comments:

Post a Comment