Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Small Priceline Haul!

Recently I have been on a complete no-buy after coming to the realisation that my spending was way out of control. I went for about a month without buying any makeup, sated by the arrival of my Lorac Pro Palette (post coming soon) about three quarters of the way through the month. Today I picked up a few things from Priceline because there were some awesome deals going (literally everything I bought was on sale!) and I figured getting a few things couldn't hurt, the no-buy is reinforced now though!




Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco Penetrating Oil If you saw my empties post, you might remember that I'd used up some Argan Oil samples and I really, really liked the way it made my hair feel, so I thought I'd give this one a go. Organix makes a whole range of different hair products and I've heard good things about them previously, so I went for this brand. The product smells nice which is something I always look for in hair products as your hair is constantly swishing about your nose and it's better to enjoy it. Original Price: $24.99 I paid $18.74

Physicians Formula Super BB in Light/Medium This product claims to be an all-in-1 beauty balm powder that has over 10 beauty benefits. It can be worn over foundation or on its own and though I haven't tried it yet, it does feel lovely and smooth in the pan. It is supposed to help with smoothing, perfecting, protecting, oil control, pore minimising, airbrushing, line-softening, concealing, setting and long wearing - a long list of claims. I'm not too sure why, but this was in the sale section at Priceline for ridiculously cheap. Original Price: $16.95 USD (on Amazon) I paid: $4.50

Bourjois Délice de Soleil Bronzing Powder in Fair/Medium Skin I had never seen this in Priceline before, and I thought it might be the closest I could get to Bourjois' famous chocolate bronzer which just doesn't seem to exist in Australia. This smells nice, I think it reminds me of the Lush Oatfix fresh face mask, a sort of cake-y, floral smell (weird I know). The cocoa bean and orange blossom extract promise radiance and hydration, as well as the product offering SPF 15 to protect against the sun, which is important, but I'm not sure how necessary it is within a bronzer that I know I definitely won't be putting all over my face. At least my contour will be sun smart! Original Price: $30 I paid: $24

Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in 047 Pink Lemonade I've been looking for some more natural looking, light pink lip colours that I can just whack on when I've got a more full-on eye shadow look happening, which is honestly most of the time. These lip butters were massive a couple of years back and I figure it has to be for a reason; so, considering they were on super sale I grabbed this one which is a pretty light pink with a little bit of shimmer. I also love the packaging on these, the colours are fun but the styling is classic. Original Price: $21.95 I paid: $10

Revlon Colourburst Balm Stain in Honey My favourite blogger/youtuber Estée used to rave about this balm stain all the time but I always sort of just glanced past it thinking that it was a bit of a nothing colour. I was wrong, in the tube, this actually looks quite scary and dark, ditto for when you swatch it but it works perfectly as a wash of colour without looking like a wash of colour, like a MLBB (my lips but better) but a wee bit darker. I think I might be in love. Original Price: $17.95 I paid: $10


There you go! I'm a little disappointed in myself for breaking my no-buy but at least I got everything on sale! At full price all this would have cost over $100 and I only spent $67.24 which is pretty damn great. I'm not going to lie, I'm not sure I'll be able to stay away from the cosmetics sections, I'm planning on heading to David Jones tomorrow.... 

talk soon
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment