Friday, June 20, 2014

My Collection: M.A.C Lipsticks


How beautiful is the picture quality up in hurr?! So beyond happy with my new camera, which is a Canon EOS Rebel T3i (EOS 600D) for anyone who might be wondering. To celebrate, I thought I'd show you guys my modest M.A.C lipstick collection, though it is ever growing. I have five M.A.C lippies, all different finishes which makes for an interesting comparison.



L to R we have Pervette - Glaze, All Fired Up - Matte, Viva Glam Nicki 2 - Amplified, Plumful - Lustre, Mystical - Cremesheen. I'm going through these beauties in the order I got them, starting with Pervette!

Pervette I'll preface this by saying that I'm 99% sure that this lipstick is actually fake, and not real M.A.C. I purchased it a couple of years ago when Target randomly sold M.A.C for a little while. Since then, they've had signs up saying that any M.A.C cosmetics bought from there could be counterfeit. However, this is a good fake, in that the packaging is spot on and doesn't have any of the usual giveaway signs. The only thing that gives this product away is the smell, in that rather than smelling like a sweet dessert as M.A.C is typical for, it has a strange, slightly chemical smell. Now, this isn't a colour I would ever go for either, I just got it because I was so excited that Target had M.A.C, and this was the only lipstick left. It isn't terrible, but it applies quite patchy, sticks to dry bits and the colour doesn't do anything for me.


All Fired Up This one holds a special place in my collection because it's the first real M.A.C lipstick I ever bought myself. It's a bold, matte colour that draws attention, and in doing so draws all the moisture out of your lips. This is to be expected from a matte lip colour, but this is the most matte lipstick I've ever seen, to the point that is is difficult to apply. When trying to slide it across your lips there is significant friction which prevents a smooth application, but with a colour like this it is generally wise to use a lip brush anyway. I find this colour to be a lot more blue-toned than it is showing up in this picture, I'd describe it as a hot pink, but in most light it could easily be mistaken for a red lipstick. Its dryness and boldness make it a little difficult to wear, but for a truly matte lip colour it can't be beat.


Viva Glam Nicki 2 This colour I bought during a phase when I decided that light purple/lilac lipsticks really suited me, so I went and splurged on a M.A.C one. I'm not saying this lipstick isn't lovely, because it most definitely is, but I should have just stuck with the Sportsgirl one that I fell in love with in the first place. The formula of this is really creamy and gorgeous, however it does slip around a bit and the staying power isn't amazing, in saying that though, the pigmentation is crazy considering how light the colour is compared to my natural lip colour. I do love this, but it was a complete impulse buy and I wouldn't re-purchase it if it disappeared.

Plumful This colour is a cult fave among beauty bloggers world wide and for good reason. It applies really easily, feels nice on your lips and is a great mix between bold and neutral, it's essentially a step up from a 'My Lips But Better' shade due to the purple undertones. If your looking for an easy to wear purple - this colour might just be your new favourite. As I mentioned in my beauty haul, my friend Grace picked this one up for me at duty-free, which is awesome because I mightn't have got it otherwise.

 Mystical This colour could definitely be described as Plumful's ginger sister. They have a similar base colour, but where Plumful leans purple, Mystical goes orange. I picked up this colour because I knew I had to have one of the lipsticks from the Alluring Aquatics range and this one called to me the most. The packaging of this is super gorgeous, and the colour follows suit. It's a really natural colour that I adore, has pretty decent staying power, and is light on the lips. What more could you ask for?

So there you have it, all my M.A.C lipsticks, though I expect my collection will continue to grow quite rapidly, this blog makes me want to buy so many makeup products! Let me know if you like this kind of post, looking at my collection of certain brands or product types. My new camera is inspiring me to take a lot more photos and want to work on my blog heaps more, so expect lots of content, even if it's just picture posts. 

I also just created an instagram for this blog, so check that out @georgialeebeauty for updates in between posts.

talk soon
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment