Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Massive Collective Beauty Haul June 2014


Let's just take a minute to appreciate the sheer volume of products in this haul, it's ridiculous. As the title suggests, this is very collective, this is several month's worth of products, there is no way I bought this all in one go. I think some of this stuff has been featured on my blog before, but I wasn't sure if I'd shown certain things , so I just grabbed all the stuff I have that is even remotely new. Okay, enough blabbering, let's get into it!

Miscellaneous Beauty Products


I've been on a serious hunt lately for the perfect moisturiser. I was loving the First Aid Beauty Daily Face Cream, but David Jones stopped stocking the brand, plus it's on the pricey side so I've been searching for a cheaper alternative. Initially I was looking for a moisturiser with SPF, because as an über pale individual, it's important for me to protect my skin. First I purchased the Garnier  Skin Naturals Moisture Match Illuminating Light Lotion for normal skin with SPF 15 which smells divine but is a little sticky and doesn't absorb quickly enough for my liking. Next I tried the Swisspers Naturals Aloe Daily Moisturiser with SPF 15 but I had similar problems, it left that sticky/greasy feeling on my face which I absolutely hate. I finally realised that pretty much anything with SPF was going to give me this gross feeling so I picked up the Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Moisturiser which doesn't have sun protection, and I love it. It smells lovely and absorbs super fast which is perfect because I get impatient waiting for my moisturiser to absorb before I put on foundation. Obviously it isn't good that it doesn't protect from the sun, but I think during winter it should be alright, plus I spend a lot less time in the sun now that I've finished school.

Besides my quest for the perfect moisturiser I also picked up some other random odds and sods, including the anatomicals the seven deadly sins melon body scrub. I'd seen this brand on ASOS and been very intrigued, and now it's available at Target! I looooove melon scented products, plus I'm nearly out of my exfoliator. My addiction to delicious scented body wash has continued with the Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash which smells like Splice ice creams and takes a significant amount of self-control to not taste test. I also bought the Original Source Vanilla Milk and Raspberry Shower Gel which legitimately smells like lollies - strawberries and cream to be specific. Again, I'd like to eat it.

Finally got around to buying and trying the Batiste Dry Shampoo in the scent 'Floral and Flirty Blush', it smells good, but the name is oh so tacky. I got the Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs because I've heard lots of good things about it, and my pale splotchy legs could use a little bit of help, I bought the shade 'Light Glow'. Repurchased a favourite scent The Body Shop White Musk Libertine Fragrance Mist, I've talked a lot about this one, I used to have the perfume but I opted for the fragrance mist this time so that I could douse myself in the scent.

Face Products

I picked up this Rimmel Match Perfection Light Perfecting Radiance Foundation from Chemist's Warehouse on sale, because I've gotten so pale that all of my foundations are too dark for me. So far I like the colour, but I'm not sure about the formula, I think I need to figure out a better application technique than buffying it in with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Ages ago I took a trip to Kmart and picked up two e.l.f Blushes in Mellow Mauve and Pink Passion. These colours are absolute polar opposites but I love both of them. I'm constantly on the hunt for the perfect bronzer, so in my search I picked up this lol Bronzing Powder, it's a little orange-toned for my liking, but it still does the job. During the Priceline 40% off sale I bought the australis Blush BFFs in Truth or Dare, it's a blush duo that has a pretty coral colour and a sparkly pink. In my swatches they look very similar, they're not as similar as they look but they do compliment each other well. In the same sale I also picked up the ModelsPrefer Perfect Canvas Mattifying Primer because I heard good things about it on reddit, I can't say I've tested it that extensively, so I'll have to give it a proper go soon, I feel like face primers are a bit of a gimmick.

Eye Products


Covergirl Clump Crusher is a favourite mascara, so I repurchased it to have as a backup when I finish using the mascaras I have on the go now. Last month I got ready for work, did a full face of makeup - foundation, eyeshadow - the works. I kept looking at my face thinking something looked weird but I couldn't pick what, until I got half way to work and realised I'd forgotten to put on mascara, such a rookie error. To save the day I picked up the Maybelline One by One Mascara in Blackest Black.



Sometimes the YouSave Chemist at my local mall has random high end makeup for sale, and I'm never sure if it's actually real or a knock-off but it's cheap enough that I pick it up anyway, as I did with this Elizabeth Arden Shimmer Cream Eye Shadow in Bronze Beauty. It's a super dark brown, so I haven't tried it on my eyes yet, but next time I go out I reckon I'll give it a go. After having a lot of luck with a Bourjois foundation I figured I'd try one of their eye shadows, the Colour Edition 24H Cream to Powder Texture Eye Shadow in Merveille d'argent. There was no tester out for this product, and I've got to say that I find the texture of this a little weird, but I have to give it a proper test to find out if it's any good.

My lovely best friend Grace brought these two nail polishes back from Thailand for me, and I love the colours. The purple is a glossy finish, while the blue is more matte.

Tools

Real Techniques has been on sale at Priceline lately, so I picked up a few. I got the orange Foundation Brush to apply my contour. It's nice and thin with a good angle, which has been working well for me, because I find it hard to get a sharp enough line with my contour, my whole cheek often ends up muddy, but this brush has been helping a lot. My boyfriend bought the Silicone Eyeliner Brush for me after I said I wanted to try it out, because I've heard a lot about it online, and I find bristles on brushes always stuff up my eyeliner. I got the s Shading Brush because i'm always looking for more eye shadow brushes, I'm addicted! I picked up this blending sponge from the Gloss Shop at QVB because the idea of a sponge really intrigues me, but I can't figure out how to use this properly, because when I wet it, it seems to retain too much water! I'll get there I'm sure.

M.A.C Products
These beauties get their own section in the haul! Grace picked up the Lustre Finish Lipstick in Plumful for me at duty free on the way back from Thailand and I love this colour, it'll be perfect for winter! Again with the chemist, there was this random M.A.C Blushette in Barbara-Ann which has the cutest vintage Hawaiian Beach Boy-esque packaging. Cream blushes scare me a little, but I'm excited to try work with this pretty coral colour. I got an email the other day saying that the Alluring Aquatics collection had gone on sale, I went and had a look as soon as I could! I picked up an Extra-Dimension Eyeshadow in Fathom's Deep which is a really pretty shimmery purple, which will hopefully make the green in my eyes really stand out. I also got a Cremesheen Lipstick in Mystical which is a red-toned 'my lips but better' shade. I love this packaging so much, the wet-look is so eye-catching and gorgeous. My picture sucks so I suggest you look it up online.

Lip Products



I've gone a bit lip product mad lately! These first two bright colours are the Savvy by DB High Shine Lip Lacquer in Bright Lights and the Ultra Matte Lip Colour in Icon also by Savvy. These two were really cheap, and I thought their price was a good chance to try some bold colours without breaking the bank on a risky colour. L'Oreal Paris Glam Shine Balmy Gloss in Fall For Watermelon has an adorable name and is a nice tinted balm, I picked this one up in the Priceline 40% sale, and while I like it, it's not one that I have reached for all that much. Ever since hearing EssieButton rave about the Maybelline Colour Elixirs I've been dying to try them. I picked up the colour Blush Essence, a safe, pink colour. I'm not the biggest fan of gloss, but this one isn't too sticky luckily. This Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream in Ma-Li-Boo caught my eye and I had to buy it. It's literally fluoro pink, which is so bloody bold, but every time I've warn it I've received lots of compliments which is always nice. It has absolutely ridiculous lasting power, to the point where it's difficult to get it off with make up remover, it's intense.

There has been lots of hype surrounding the new Revlon Balms and I totally bought into it, no regrets. I have three matte balms and two lacquer balms, I think the colours of the matte balms are absolutely gorgeous (you can see them in the second lot of swatches). My mum got me the lacquer balm Demure for Easter and it's the prettiest natural colour, however I find Flirtatious a little difficult to wear because it's quite dark. I picked up Elusive from Chemist Warehouse for half price and I absolutely adore this colour, it's so wearable and classy, a definite go-to colour for me now.


Phew! That was a post and a half! I hope you guys enjoyed it, I think I'll make future hauls a little smaller and more frequent for sure. Let me know if you want more full reviews of any of this stuff. Another palette profile coming soon, along with some other fun posts. I hope June is treating you well, and that anyone facing uni exams right now is smashing it. Also, can I just say how excited I am for when Sephora opens here, I'm already saving!

xx
talk soon

No comments:

Post a Comment