Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Mini-Review: GlamGlow ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment

If you're a part of the beauty community, chances are that you've heard of this face mask, or its predecessors, like the YouthMud Treatment. A few weeks ago in Mecca Maxima I was checking out this mask, the GlamGlow ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment and one of the ladies that works there offered me a sample which I quickly agreed to, at AUD$75 it's unlikely I'd ever buy this, especially without trying it first.

This mask claims to provide "instant extreme hydration" and uses "super" technologies to achieve these results. As I mentioned before it's $75 for 50 grams of product, I received a small sample in a little lip balm-sized pot and after one use it doesn't look like I've touched it at all, so I believe the 50 gram size would go a long way.


This product looks a little like peanut butter but texturally it feels like a face cream, and is able to blend right into the skin. It smells very strongly of coconut, which is nice however once the mask is on your skin, it can get a bit overwhelming and made me light headed.

There are two suggested uses for ThirstyMud: the day use and the night use. The daytime use is like a typical mask, put product on, leave for 20 minutes, wash product off. I went for the night time treatment, so I applied the mask and then slept with the product on my face. It's easy to apply and work with, though no instructions mention how much product to use and how thickly to apply the mask so it's a bit of a guessing game.

After application this is what my face looked like. It's a thin formula, but very wet, even if you can't see it, you can definitely feel the areas where it has been applied. As I mentioned before, the coconut scent got a little overwhelming so I did find it a little difficult to sleep with this on but next time if I avoid the area under my nose I don't think it'll be such an issue. 

When I woke up the next morning, all the product had absorbed into my face but you could definitely feel that it was still there. It made my skin extremely hydrated, to the point where it was like I was in a humid climate and my face felt almost sweaty to the touch. After washing off this residue my skin did feel pretty amazing, very hydrated with no dry patches. I would mention that this effect didn't last as long as I hoped it would, the following day I was back to having little dry spots, which I thought would disappear for a few days at least.

In the dead of winter I think this mask would be ideal, especially if you have a special event where you need to wear makeup and don't want it clinging to dry patches on your face. Do I think it's worth the price tag? Not exactly. While I do think it's a nice product, I know I would struggle to spend that much on something that wouldn't get used all the time and would ultimately disappear. In saying that, if you can get your hands on a sample, it's definitely worth trying, the effects of this mask were more instant than any other one I've ever tried. Plus it's always fun to try out super hyped up products to see what all the fuss is about!

I'm looking to try more masks, so if you have any suggestions leave them in the comments below!

xx
talk soon

P.S. Guess who got a new camera?! Next blog post will feature some quality photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment