Sunday, January 12, 2014

Palette Profile: Limited Edition Too Faced Joy to the Girls

Hello Lovelies!

Welcome to my second Palette Profile post. This is a new series I'm doing on my blog so let me know what you think. For Christmas my wonderful big sister indulged my makeup obsession and gifted me Too Faced Cosmetic's Limited Edition Holiday palette Joy to the Girls. 


This book-style palette is that gorgeous turquoise-blue colour with gold spots and a magnetic closure. As with all Too Faced products, the packaging is classy and girly, a big tick in my book. The palette opens up to showcase not only fifteen beautiful shadows and a lashGASM mascara, but also three eye-maps guiding you to create looks using the shades in this set. 


 From left to right, starting from the top, the shadows are : Cookie Dough, Cheers!, Prancer, Sugar Plum, Mulberry, Snow Angel, Powdered Sugar, Too-Too, Yule Log, Chestnut, Twinkle, Joy, Spike the punch, Chimney and Coal.



Here we have Spike the Punch a pale peachy-pink with glitter, Chestnut a deep chocolate brown with gold sparkles, Powdered Sugar a very pale vanilla, Sugar Plum a dark purple with lots of sparkle and Cookie Dough a light brown comparable to Urban Decay's Naked. As with most makeup brands, the lighter shades are practically invisible on my pale skin, although they work well as highlights in eye-looks.



This is Chimney a stormy blue-grey, Twinkle a very true antique gold colour, Too-Too a true to name tutu pink, Mulberry a plummy-mushroom shade and Cheers! My favourite shade in the palette which is a pretty rose-gold.

I love the way these swatches look, all in a line in this picture. From the bottom we have Coal an aptly named chalky black, Joy which looks silver in this picture, but in actuality is the most gorgeous pale blue you'll ever see, Yule Log a dark brown with tonnes of gold glitter, Snow Angel another nice pale highlight shade and Prancer a pink-gold shimmer shade. 

All in all these are probably some of the highest quality shadows I've ever used and I'm absolutely in love with them. I'm looking forward to next Christmas to see what they come out with.

Apologies if the photo quality is not great, I'm still getting used to taking pictures of swatches and the like. 

Talk soon!
 xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment