Friday, January 10, 2014

December Haul 2013

Hello Lovelies!

So the other week I posted a picture of all the great stuff I got for Christmas, but what I didn't show you, was all the sneaky presents that I bought for myself both before and after December 25th, so today, I bring to you my December Haul!

So I'll get right into it starting with some make up and beauty bits and bobs




Starting at the left we have the Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Make-up Remover, which to be perfectly honest, I hate. I bought this on a whim, thinking that I would need a new make up remover soon with my beloved Bioderma running low, and I now regret it. It feels like trying to remove make up WITH oil, despite its oil free claims, and it doesn't feel at all clean or refreshing, just oily and warm.

Next is Katy Perry's Killer Queen perfume which I would describe as sweet and ever so slightly spicy and vanilla-y. Basically everything I love in a perfume!

In a quick trip to Lush to buy a few last Christmas bits (haul coming soon) I picked up the Honey I Washed the Kids Soap, one of Lush's classic products that I've yet to try, I'll keep you posted on what I think.

I've heard lots of good things about these Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes and I got them on deal, two packs for about 6 dollars from Priceline, so hopefully they work well.

In the small tube we have a Covergirl Lipstick Smoochies in #sweet tweet. This lipbalm smells amazing, like old school Lip Smackers, and is pretty moisturising as well as being a bargain at around four dollars.

The last few items include Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer in shade 15 Fair. I haven't tried it yet but hopefully it'll be a good replacement for my quickly dwindling Collection Concealer.

The last two things are a Napoleon Perdis Set Contour and Highlight Palette, which I'll talk about in a future post as a part of the Palette Profile Series. The second is Maybelline's Master Precise Liquid Liner which is absolutely amazing, as I said in my previous post.

Next I may have gone a little bit crazy on nail polishes...

 
Target had some great sales on make up, including nail polishes, and I bought all of these on sale.

The first two on the left are from Max Factor and are perfect Autumn shades in my eyes. The first one is 160 Raspberry Blush and the second is 135 Royal Blue and they're part of the Glossfinity range. 

The next two with the gold lids are from Loreal, the coral one is 208 So Chic Pink and the mint one is 602 Perle De Jade. These apply nicely but do chip after a couple of days, even with high quality under coats and top coats.

These Nicole by O.P.I polishes were also on sale at Target, 2 for twenty dollars which is awesome considering one usually costs that much. These apply well, and last for around a week. The red is Deeply In Love and the blue is Poised in Turquoise. 

I thought the Revlon Nail Art Chalkboard was an interesting concept, it's a matte black polish, and the white has a thinner brush, so basically your nails act as a chalkboard to draw designs on with the white polish. This one is in the colour Straight A's.

Finally the two mini polishes from Max Factor's Max Effect range are in the shades Fantasy Fire and Elegant Mauve. These cost around two dollars each, a great deal.

Next up is a few random beauty bits and bobs and accessories



This First Aid Beauty Fab Essentials Kit was an absolute steal at $13. It includes their Daily Face Cream, Face Cleanser, Gentle Body Was and Body Moisturiser. I'm excited to try these guys out, I've already tried the face moisturiser which I loved the feel of but I think it may have broken me out which sucks.


Next are accessories so the first is a set of Lady Jayne combs, basically my comb was getting a bit old and ratty. Next is a Blush Brush from Manicare's Artiste Professional line, although I can't say I'm that impressed with it. There's also the Manicare Eyeshadow Blending Brush which is a decent shadow brush. Finally my new babies, the Napoleon Perdis Regal Brush Collection, I won't say anything about these brushes, except that I got them at half-price in the sales, I have a post coming on them soon!

Finally there's just a few other random things I picked up throughout the month


Me and my boyfriend Matt are absolutely addicted to Friends so I picked up the box set for us to watch through.


Next up I got these funky socks from Myer, they're from the brand Pulp Kitchen. I also picked up this really pretty coin necklace from Tree of Life, I'm in love with it and it makes me sound like a fairy because it jingles whenever I move. 

Finally, my favourite new purchase is this gorgeous brown leather and antique gold Mimco purse. It was a splurge, but I've been working so much that I thought I deserved a little treat and forked out for this gorgeous purse, that is exactly the right size to fit all the necessities. I love it so much.

That's it from me and this post. Sorry if it seems a little rushed, I just watched The Conjuring with my brothers and I'm positive one of them is going to pop out and scare me any second now. Let me know if you enjoy these monthly hauls, I know I do! I hope you're having a perfect start to 2014 and I'll talk to you really soon.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment