Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Palette Profile: Stila Portrait of a Perfect Eye Palette

Hello Lovelies,

For the 2013 Holiday Season, Stila have released their Artistry Collection, which includes a heap of different eye, cheek and lip palettes, or, for those more inclined to spend big bucks, an entire make up kit entitled the Artist's Signature Set which has a variety of products and brushes and costs $235 at Mecca Maxima here in Australia, but is valued at almost one thousand dollars.

For me, a student with limited disposable income, I opted for something a little exxy and purchased the Portrait of a Perfect eye palette, a slim compact palette which includes six fairly neutral shades, 2 matte and four shimmery shades. At $24  I consider it to be a pretty good deal, with each shade coming out at four dollars if you divide the palette up. 

The packaging is slim and compact, covered in the vintage Stila girl design, which I consider to be perhaps not the most classy or sleek design in the world, however it is passable. The case doesn't snap shut, but is rather a magnetic seal which makes me doubt how secure the palette would be in a purse or makeup bag when traveling, I think if I decide to take it anywhere I'll wrap a hair-tie around it for securities sake.

While I mightn't be the biggest fan of the packaging on the outside, I love the way the inside of this palette looks. The wood-look background with the quote on top is really sweet and I love the design of the paint brush next to the colours, it really compliments the idea of the "artistry" collection.

Direct Sunlight
The colours are: Parchment, Organza, Vintage, Linen, Antique and Rosewood. However, despite trawling various beauty blogs, I can't figure out whether those colours should read left to right or right to left, as the palette leaves it sort of ambiguous.

As for the formula of these shadows, I have to say, it's not my favourite. Don't get me wrong, the colours are beautiful, some of the prettiest I've seen, however the consistency is a little chalky and colour payoff on the lid isn't amazing. Despite this, I still love this palette, I'm being critical in analysis because I expect big things from brands that cost a little more than the drugstore, however in saying that, this palette was a bargain. 


Inside

What do you guys think of this palette, have you tried it? If not, I'd definitely go check it out and see what you think, the colours are gorgeous. I'm heading to the mall today, so I'm thinking I might pick up the blush palette from this collection! Let me know if you'd like to see a post on that. Sorry for my absence, I'm a Christmas Casual working at the mall, so life has gotten very hectic!

Talk soon

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment