Sunday, December 8, 2013

Lord of Misrule

Hello Lovelies!

Sorry for my little absence, I was away for most of the week and it's taken me a few days to get back into the swing of things. This post will just be a small one but there's more to come in the following week I promise.



The day I got back from holidays I was pretty exhausted so I decided to relax in the bath and tried out the Lord of Misrule bath ballistic from Lush. Now this is a pretty giant bath bomb, and at $5.50 it's somewhat of a bargain compared to other Lush bath ballistics of the same size. This ballistic is part of the Christmas range, and is described "Featuring Fair Trade vanilla absolute, the world’s first Fair Trade absolute, mixed with spicy black pepper oil and soothing patchouli.  Allow this ballistic to slowly dissolve in your bath to reveal a wine coloured centre.  The crown shape around the ballistic is the party hat that the tradition of the Lord of Misrule inspired centuries ago. Popping candy represents the party atmosphere that he would have created during his rule over a period of festive merriment.



I'm not so sure about the popping candy, as mine most definitely didn't have any popping candy whatsoever, however the wine-colour is absolutely spot on, this bath went from green to a rich deep burgundy colour. The smell was sweet, and I'm not sure if it was just the colour of the bath making my mind play tricks, but I could swear this bath smelled of raspberries and other deep red berries. This bath bomb created a few bubbles, but was not foamy, with more of a froth on top rather than bubbles.The scent stayed on your skin afterwards and my mum said it also spread throughout the house. This ballistic probably isn't fantastic for you if you find strong scents overwhelming or headachey, however I really liked it and found it a nice departure from the similar smells of other Lush products. I'd definitely recommend this ballistic, as the price is reasonable and it smells delightful.


 Talk soon,


xx



No comments:

Post a Comment