Friday, November 22, 2013

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains




Hello Lovelies,

I recently received a set of Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains as a late birthday present from one of my friends. Suffice to say, I was pretty happy about it, as these babies retail for about $17.95 here in Australia, far too expensive for my poor student self. Each stain is the standard size of 2.7 grams.

The set contained the five shades; Adore, Lovesick, Cherish,Rendezvous and Darling

 The first shade is Adore, a warm-toned, brown red, with shimmer. Because I'm a cool toned, pale-skinned person, I personally don't love this colour on myself. The glitter is not hugely noticeable either. 

Adore 055
 The next shade is Lovesick, and is the classic balm stain hot pink, very similar to that of the Maybelline Babylips Pink Glow in Pink Blast. I preferred this colour on my skin, however it too has the barely detectable shimmers

Lovesick 020
 Next is Cherish which I would consider to be a lighter version of the previous colour. This one is probably the most wearable for me, as it is subtle enough to wear day to day.

Cherish 015

Second to last is the orange shade, Rendezvous, one of the colours I was most excited to try, as I've yet to decide how I feel about orange lipsticks on myself. I'd say as far as oranges go, this one is fairly subtle, but in a good way, for those looking to make a foray into the world of orange lipstick.

Rendezvous 040
 Last but not least is Darling, a lilac-purple shade, which similar to the orange, is fairly tame, so would be good for a purple debut. This colour is very similar to cherish, but less warm.

Darling 010
Below is a swatch, apologies for the slightly out of whack colour order.

Adore, Lovesick, Darling, Cherish, Rendezvous
All of the balmstains have the same slightly minty smell and flavour, and are relatively moisturising, however, not nearly as moisturising as a regular balm and I found my lips dried out quite quickly while wearing them. Besides this though, the colour pay off is decent, and the application is far easier than any other pigmented lip colour. All in all I'd say the Balm Stains are a good product, however I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy more too soon, as I simply didn't love them enough to fork out $18, perhaps I'd have more luck with other colours.

Feedback and comments are always appreciated!

xx 




1 comment:

  1. thats very cool! love them :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete