Saturday, October 11, 2014

Lush Christmas and Halloween Goodies Part One


Those of you who follow me on instagram (@georgialeebeauty) will know that I was very excited for the release of Lush's Christmas and Halloween products and I hit my local store the day they came out, which was yesterday. I love Lush, so much so that I have over thirty bath bombs and bubble bars in my collection currently. Onto the new stuff though, some lovely stuff came out this year, with quite a few new, never before seen products hitting our shelves. Unfortunately though, my store didn't have all the stock yet, so I'm going to check back every week as they get new shipments in. So without further ado, here's the haul.

Bath Ballistics

I only picked up one and these are my favourite type of product!

Butterbear Bath Bomb - $5.50 As you might expect, this one is basically a bear shaped version of butterball. It smells sweet, like creamy toffee and ever so slightly chocolatey. His little label says 'This sweet-smelling bear is packed with nourishing cocoa butter and comforting fair trade vanilla. Perfect for anyone that loves a good bear hug.' 

Bubble Bars

Wizard Bubble Bar - $6.95 The design of this little dude reminds me of Adventure Time weirdly enough, it's really cute! Part of the Halloween collection,  the Wizard smells like a very muted citrus mixed with something herby. I clearly know my scents. I love the faint shimmer over this one, it's not too full on like many of the Christmas bubble bars are. They didn't have a label for this one at the store, so the website says 'With a crackle of popping candy, the energising tangerine oil and purifying juniperberry and fennel essential oils, the Wizard banishes stress and helps you recover.'

Christmas Penguin Bubble Bar - $6.95 Christmas Penguin smells really similar to another Lush bath product but I'm not sure which one, maybe Sakura Bath Bomb? It features very citrus ingredients such as mandarin and lemon oils and orange flower absolute, however I wouldn't say it is a massively citrus-y scent in my opinion. 'Crumble this fellow under running water for masses of bubbles. Inspired by the smallest penguins in the world which are blue and from Phillip Island in Australia.'

Holly Go Lightly Bubble Bar - $10.50 This is Christmas in a bubble bar. I mean, maybe not hot summer days, Australian Christmas but if I had a white Christmas I imagine this is what it would smell like. It's spicy and warm, featuring notes of clove, patchouli and cinnamon, not my typical scent but I think I'll save it for next winter. I managed to pick out the hugest of the bunch so I think this will last me many, many baths. 'A generously sized pudding to wrap yourself up in a comforting Christmas blanket of lime oil, patchouli oil and cinnamon leaf oil. Its festive spice fragrance is like bathing in a hot toddy.'

Sparkly Pumpkin Bubble Bar - $6.95 The pumpkin is so pretty. It reminds me of the third Harry Potter movie with massive fall vibes. The smell is a little bit floral, quite sweet and soft, with juniperberry, lime and grapefruit oils. Again, I didn't get a sticker for this one but the website says 'Perfect for a long, lingering soak, just make sure you get out of your bath by midnight...'

The Christmas Hedgehog Bubble Bar - $6.95 How cute is this little thing? I love the colours as well, that minty blue is my favourite! This one is supposed to be hugely moisturising, so much so that it starts to melt when you hold it. Scent-wise it's quite similar to many of the other ones, however that could just be because it's been sitting in the bag with heaps of strong scented products! 'Crumble under running water and unfurl in the silky waters as the rose absolute and ylang ylang essential oils get to work on Christmas stress and soften your skin ready for the festivities!'

Drummers Drumming Reusable Bubble Bar - $9.95 First up, I really wanted this one to be called 'Little Drummer Boy' how cute would've that been? This one is reusable so basically it comes on a little stick that you swoosh around your bath water and it just gets smaller and smaller as you use it. A+ on the packaging for this one Lush, the little bells are a super cute addition and they work as well! Scented like the massage bar Strawberry Feels Forever, this one is sweet and fruity, which means I love it. 'Drum up some energy with our first musical bubble bar! Made with refreshing and uplifting bergamot, geranium and olibanum oil with the sweet smell of fresh strawberries.'



Bath Melts

Snow Angel Bath Melt - $8.50 Yum, this one smells really lovely, like almond flavouring (not too strong) and just creamy goodness. My mum pointed out that this one seriously looks like a cheesecake, biscuit base with white on top; how legit is that? This one is super nice, I'm looking forward to using it. 'This spectacular new bath time addition offers the fizz of our bath bombs and smoothness of our bath melts. The golden layer slowly melts away leaving a sparkly layer of PET free lustre giving you a golden glow.' 

Melting Snowman Bath Melt - $5.50 This one has quite a traditional Christmas-scent spice, like Holly Go Lightly. It has little chocolate buttons for eyes which I think is such a cute addition. 'Cocoa butter and almond oil nourish and soften the skin while the cinnamon leaf oil invigorates and helps shake off fatigue after a few too many Christmas parties.'

Soaps and Body Washes

Yog Nog Soap - $6.90/100 grams Holy wow Lush is so on point with their soap scents this Christmas season. Yog Nog is the most amazing thing I have ever smelled. To me it's like a creamy, maple syrup and gingerbread scent, totally divine. I want to eat this, I licked it and it tasted so good! 'A creamy, Christmas tipple made with moisturising soya yoghurt and a dash of festive spice.' It's also 100% palm free!

Reindeer Rock Soap - $6.50/100 grams This smells like the Comforter Bubble Bar and is therefore the most incredible smelling, strawberries and cream, gorgeous scent. I want to rub this all over my body. Both of these soaps are squishy and almost jelly like which is slightly different to the typical Lush soap. 'Based on the Scandinavian ancient rock carvings, you will see reindeer galloping across your soap. Packed with dried lingonberries, which helps to rejuvenate the skin and improve elasticity.' 

Snowman Shower Jelly - $6.95 I'm not gonna lie, I just bought this one because it's so cute! I'm not a massive fan of the smell, it's apparently the same as the carrot soap that was released at Easter. Before I found that out I actually liked the scent, but now I can only smell that carrot smell which I wasn't a lover of. 'This snowman is more than a little bit fruity, with blackcurranty buchu oil and nourishing carrot oil.'

So White Shower Gel - $29.95/500 grams The lovely girls at Lush gave me a sizeable sample of this shower gel which was so nice of them! So White is also a bath bomb and both the bomb and the gel have a very clean, crisp, subtle apple smell. It has little white shimmers in it as well which are a really nice touch. 'A crisp apple shower gel to leave you feeling the fairest of them all' 



So that's that! A pretty massive haul and that's not even all the stuff I wanted to get! I was a little disappointed that my Lush didn't have everything in yet, but it just gives me an excuse to keep visiting over the next few weeks and buy more stuff to show you guys. I always have so much fun in the Lush store because all the people that work there are so welcoming and helpful. Bath bombs are my favourite sort of bath product as I mentioned before, and sadly my Lush only had like 3 of the 11 that are meant to come out, but hopefully I can pick them up later! Let me know if you guys like these Lush posts, they're probably some of my favourite to do. Would you be interested in a Lush Collection post? Let me know!

xx
talk soon

No comments:

Post a Comment